Privacy and data policy
When you use surrey-arg.org.uk (SARGWEB), we never collect any information, unless you choose to log in as a user or submit a sighting report.
SARGWEB complies with the General Data Protection Regulation.
When you log in we record:
- Your IP address for security to identify foreign cyber attacks.
- Details of which version of web browser you used to improve the website.
- The date and time you last logged in, to manage timed access to sensitive web pages.
- Any data you explicitly provide to us for conservation purposes.
- Cookies are used soley to manage user authentication for access to sensitive web pages.
Where your data is stored
- We store your data on our secure server in the UK.
- By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
Keeping your data secure
- The data controller will be the chair. Contact is at email@example.com
- Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data.
- Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
- We have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
- We won’t share your personal contact information with any other organisation without your explicit consent unless we are legaly obliged to do so.
- You may choose to provide us with conservation data including but not limited to survey and sighting data.
- As the data provider, you are the copyright owner of this data.
- By submitting conservation data you agree that SARG may use this data for conservation purposes.
- We may share some of this data with other organisations where there is a clear conservation benefit, but we will not pass on your personal details.
- You can request access to the personal data we hold via the members page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your personal data can be provided in a data portability format (CSV).
- You may object to any aspect of this privacy and data policy by emailing: email@example.com.
- Processing data for accreditation to sightings is considered as research for the performance of a public interest task.
Right to erasure
- We keep membership data while you are a member, and for 2 years afterwards to cover accidental lapses in membership.
- You are credited for sightings you provide permanently on our systems as archived scientific research. We never pass on personal details to other organisations.
- You can request removal of all personal data held by SARG at any time, however you will not be able to log into the website without key data being held.
Links to other websites
- SARGWEB contains links to other websites.